As 2016 comes to a close, its time to look back at all the books I read throughout the year. My goal this year was 50 books. According to Goodreads, I didn’t come close to hitting my goal. The thing is I read a lot of stuff that wouldn’t be on Goodreads. Books that Goodreads said I read were the following.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
- Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
- Remembrance by Meg Cabot
- Tiger’s Quest by Colleen Houck
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer
- Zodiac by Romina Russell
- Those We Fear by Victoria Griffith
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- Shadows by Paula Weston
- Haze by Paula Weston
- Shimmer by Paula Weston
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Burn by Paula Weston
- Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Clearly it would seem that I didn’t come close to meeting my goal but in a way I did. In May I downloaded the FanFiction.net and Wattpad apps on my phone. Since then I haven’t read many physical books, but I have read hundreds of fanfics and other stories on these two apps. I considered certain lengths to be equivalent to a book and that was how I met my goal. Some of the fanfics that I read were so amazing and I know I will eventually do a post with recommendations on both sites.
How many books were you able to read this year and did you meet your goal? Anyone else have an addiction to fanfiction?
I can’t wait to see what next year has in store for me when it comes to books.